Wednesday 13 June 2012

Frankie and Bennys : Review of the new menu 2012

When we heard that Frankie and Bennys were launching new menu's, we were more than a little excited to be invited along to check them out. They launched their new menus at the end of March and in particular their dessert, lunch and specials menus were set for a change, so we were all set for a an eating challenge. (The challenge was set by my gorgeous other half who loves food *almost* as much as he loves us I think).


As we never like to do things by half, we went in force, so there were 10 of us to contend with and whilst our table wasnt quite ready when we arrived, this was somewhat compensated by the balloon decorations when we sat down (did i mention that it was the 7 year olds birthday?).

Frankie and Bennys has an old time diner feel and whilst its certainly not spacious, I think they are going for the more cozy, atmospheric feel to the restaurant. Our waitress for the evening was Jenny and she was friendly, helpful and genuinely lovely with the children. After some deliberation (and salivation) over the menu, we all decided and here is the round up of what we ate:

Cajun Chicken Burger - doubled up (of course)
OH says: Delightful 10/10

Steak & Fries with side salad
My Dad says: Not hot enough but tasty 9/10 (its worth pointing out that my dad puts EVERYTHING in the microwave before eating it so that it is scalding hot!!)

Salmon Fishcakes
My Mum says: Lovely 10/10

Spinach Ricotta
My Aunt says: Really nice 8/10

Full rack of BBQ Ribs
My Brother says: Excellent ribs - best tasted in a long while 10/10

Cajun Chicken Burger
My sister in law says: I have left nothing on the plate!!! 9/10

 
Chicken and Prawn Alfredo
I said: It was a little spicier than I anticipated but the prawns were delicious 9/10


Childs Chicken Pasta with cucumber and tomato 10/10
The birthday girl said: It was yummy

Now anyone who has been to Frankie and Benny's will know that if you have a birthday, the Frankie and Benny's staff will sing Happy Birthday to you. Now I have to be honest and say that this wouldnt be my choice of birthday celebration but for my daughter, she thinks its the best. so everytime the music started up, she would look around to see if it was for her! Needless to say, she was grinning from ear to ear when they did sing Happy Birthday to her.

So overall it was a big thumbs up from us all.

There was a little confusion when it came to pay as we were part paying with a voucher but Jenny, the helpful waitress, managed to sort it out with the Manager and we left happy, full and happy to recommend F&B's. There are always offers and updates on their website, so check it out before you go.



No comments:

Post a Comment